How long does it take to recover from antibiotics? What are potential antibiotic dangers? Is poor gut health related to the overuse of antibiotics?
In this episode, we’re talking about the consequences of antibiotics and sharing three accessible steps to help recover from antibiotic use.
First things first…
We are not here to bash antibiotics in any way. Antibiotics are life-saving. The problem here is that there is a ton of overuse. Today, antibiotics are prescribed for common ailments that are viral—not bacterial. Antibiotics can not effectively treat viral infections—they are meant to treat bacterial infections.
Consequences of Overuse of Antibiotics
- May compromise gut health and wipe of good gut bacteria
- May compromise immunity
- Maybe more susceptible to gut-related chronic conditions such as leaky gut, autoimmune issues, and food sensitivities.
- May compromise gut microbiomes in children
How to Recover from Antibiotics
- Eat Clean- get rid of foods that damage the gut, including gluten, processed sugars, and toxic cooking oil. Instead, eat prebiotic foods, onions, bone broth, garlic, chia seeds, flax seeds, raw greens, and low sugar smoothies.
- Re-Inoculate with Good Bacteria: fermented foods like kefir, kombucha, kimchi, and yogurt. Get on a good probiotic that has at least 2 to 5 strains of bacteria.
- Heal and Repair: essential oils like peppermint and doTERRA Digestzen to heal and soothe the gut, slow down while eating, drink lots of pure water, use collagen to support the gut.
- 3 day bone broth fast for a gut reset
- Get functional health labs to see gut bacteria diversity (especially helpful is there are suspected parasites, SIBO, or C. Diff)
- Try a specific gut protocol with supplementation like L-Glutamine
- GAPS diet-slow cooked meat and healthy fats
Featured in this episode…
- Our Superfoods Supplement Line
- Fermented red pepper salsa recipe
- Essential oils for Gut Health
- How to get a healthy gut for good podcast
Binge the Latest
Organic Mango Green Superfood Smoothie
The Hormone Balancing Diet that Makes Sense
essential oils for hormone imbalance: hormonal acne, hot flashes +
The Important Connection Between Nervous System Dysregulation & Adrenal Fatigue