Your gut health is a make or break component to your ability to optimize your health and really…your life. If you want to live in an optimal state of health where you feel like superwoman – or superman – your gut health has got to be ironclad. We’re going to show you the 7 steps to get there in this episode.
Your gut is your digestive system (GI tract) and includes the microbiome and organs like your stomach, intestines, pancreas, liver, and so on.
When you have an unhealthy gut or compromised digestive system you can experience intense fatigue, cravings, constipation, headaches, food sensitivities, skin problems, and more.
The long list of common (not normal) symptoms and problems shows us how many areas of the body the gut actually influences. But what causes an unhealthy gut? Comprised intentional lining, SAD, overuse of unnecessary antibiotics, and poor breakdown of food and nutrient absorption.
How to Get a Healthy Gut in 7 Steps
- Add in Probiotic Rich Foods: probiotics are friendly bacteria that protec, support and optimize your entire gut. Fermented foods like sauerkraut, kimchi, tempeh, and kombucha are great options. Try this fermented berries or fermented hot chili sauce recipe or our fermented red pepper salsa.
- Add Prebiotic Rich Foods: prebiotics are a type of plant fiber and are essentially food for probiotics. Try adding in foods like chicory root, jerusalem artichoke, dandelion greens, garlic, leeks,, onion, shallot, asparagus, and jicama.
- Remove Franken Grains: the wheat we have today in America is not the same as teh wheat our ancestors grew and ate. Try eliminate products containing wheat, gluten, GMO grains (this includes corn)
- Remove Inflammatory Foods: inflammation in the gut have a close relationship that can either be good or bad: when the gut is healthy, inflammation in the gut and body tends to go down and vice versa. Kick inflammatory foods to the curb: sugar, artificial sweeteners, processed foods, saturated fats, dairy, trans fat, non-organic, grain-fed meats, fast food, gluten/franken grains
- Include Bone Broth: full of minerals like calcium, magnesium, collagen, and gelatin. These substances, along with bone broth’s ability to help reduce inflammation, aid digestive problems and absorb vital nutrients that make it an essential addition to a healthy gut diet. Check out this bone broth recipe you can make at home.
- Add in Supplements: L-Glutamine, probiotics, gelatin, collagen powder, are all great options to help heal your gut. Our Beauty Complex Collagen is perfect for gut health.
- Reduce Stress: stress can cause disorders like IBS, peptic ulcers, and reflux, it can change gastrointestinal secretions and harm the gut’s microbiota. Evenmore, it can prevent vital nutrient absorption
Featured in this episode…
Elevays Supplement Collection:
The Best Way to Make Bone Broth Youtube
4 Mistakes to Avoid When Making Bone Broth
Key Benefits of Bone Broth Diet Youtube
Binge the Latest
Organic Mango Green Superfood Smoothie
The Hormone Balancing Diet that Makes Sense
essential oils for hormone imbalance: hormonal acne, hot flashes +
The Important Connection Between Nervous System Dysregulation & Adrenal Fatigue