78: Stress, Immunity, & Collagen
It’s the most abundant protein in the body and essential for bone, skin, and hair health—Collagen, and it’s getting a lot of attention in the health world these days. But what collagen is best for hair? And what collagen for bone health actually works. In this episode, we’re giving you five secrets on how to choose the best collagen for skin care, healthy joints, and luscious hair you desire.
Why is collagen so important?
Collagen supports all tissues and organs in the body. It’s found in muscles, tendons, ligaments, skin, blood vessels, teeth, and even the cornea and vitreous of your eyes! It’s essential for your health in every capacity.
16 Types of Collagen
Types 1, 2, and 3 are the most common:
- Type 1 comprises 90 percent of the collagen in the body and is the type that supports skin, connective tissue, tendons, cartilage, teeth and bones.
- Type 2 is found in the cartilage and supports joints.
- Type 2 supports the arteries, organs, and muscles.
Benefits of Collagen
As we age, collagen production slows at an accelerated rate, increasing signs of aging and affecting mobility.
- Neutralize free radicals and prevent oxidative stress (a.k.a, aging accelerators)
- Boost collagen production and cellular vitality
- Promote skin cell turnover and slow the aging process
- Minimize the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines around the mouth and eyes
- Increase hydration and moisture retention
- Promote elasticity and skin suppleness
- Strengthen hair and nails; reduce breakage
Tips to Help Preserve & Build Collagen:
- Daily stress-reducing practices
- Supplement with clinically-proven collagen that contains collagen boosters, high bioavailability, and high bioactivity, vitamins, nutrients, and adaptogens
Featured in this episode…