This has probably been one of the most stressful years of many people’s lives (us included!), but we have to say that we’re looking forward to the holidays and celebrating all that we’re blessed with this year.
If you want this holiday season to be restful instead of stressful, this will be a great episode to tune into. In this episode, we’re giving you the best tips and strategies (health and lifestyle) to help give you that break you need over the holidays.
- Saying No: When our plates get too full, it creates a very “airy” kind of being. To be present in our lives, we need to say no to things that do not light us up or give us joy so that we can be present with ourselves and the people that mean the most to us. You can’t take care of other people if you don’t take care of yourself. Creating space is the key to being that person. Think about what you need to prioritize. And remember this: When you say no to something, typically you’re saying yes to yourself.
- Don’t Overspend: financial issues are one of the biggest reasons why people feel stressed. We live in a society where it’s normal for people to be in a lot of debt or overconsume. Figure out your budget and stick to it. Check out Dave Ramsey to get a good start on your finances and save yourself some stress.
- Eat the Cookie: Enjoy the holidays, and do not beat yourself up. This is a difficult time of year to start any significant diet changes. Don’t deprive yourself, and be ok with indulging! You deserve it. Remember, though, to listen to your body to know what you want and when you’ve had enough. .
- Surround Yourself with Good People: There’s so much chaos right now. Be around people who lift you up, who are like-minded, and who you love will be a game-changer for unnecessary stress. Typically, during the holidays, you’re around family – so if you do not jive with someone in your family – be intentional and strategic with conversations. Set an intention to have an awesome time with your family and avoid anything that will bring conflict – walk away from the conversation – and agree to disagree.
- Use Essential Oils: Pack up a little de-stress aromatherapy bag with you wherever you go this season. Essential oils like lavender and bergamot are going to be perfect for calming and de-stressing. Fir oils can help create non-toxic aromatherapy perfect for the holidays. Oils can also purify the air of pathogens (perfect for this season!)
- Do What Lights You Up: do you have movies you watch every year? Recipes you love? Caroling? Volunteering? Taking walks? Playing board games? Whatever you love to do during this season, DO IT!
- Sweat It Out: Through exercise or body movement. Stretching can even help to massively relieve stress. Sweat via a sauna for ultimate relaxation and detox benefits.
- BONUS TIP: Focus on the world of ‘what is’. It’s where performance and peace live. Today is an opportunity to focus on today and not worry about what happened yesterday or what will happen tomorrow. Recognize the thoughts and let go of what does not serve you. Ask yourself: am I living in a world of what isn’t or the world of what is?
Featured in this episode…
Erica’s Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
Top 5 Essential Oils for Stress & Relaxation
5 Benefits of Fir Essential OIls & DIY Recipes
Benefits of Woody Essential Oils: Cedarwood, Black Spruce, Vetiver, Sandalwood
Binge the Latest
A Guide to Gut Health for Women
Organic Mango Green Superfood Smoothie
The Hormone Balancing Diet that Makes Sense
essential oils for hormone imbalance: hormonal acne, hot flashes +