This is one of my favorite summer salad recipes for a few reasons. First, we’re using a lot of raw ingredients.
I am not a raw foodist so perhaps I lack creativity when it comes to eating raw, but let’s just say that it’s nice to have a recipe that provides so many raw foods without it being a traditional green leafy salad. Nothing wrong with salad, but I love the variety that this brings.
This summer salad doesn’t take a long time to prepare, is a great dish to bring to parties and the taste is SO refreshing that it makes the perfect companion on a hot summer day.
If you’re looking for another salad perfect for summer check out our kale mango salad!Print
Refreshing Summer Salad
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1 15 ounce can black beans
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas/garbanzo beans
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 yellow pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 1 red pepper (seeded and chopped)
- Flesh of one avocado (diced)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp grated lemon or lime zest
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 jalapeno (seeded and finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a big bowl, mix together the black beans, chickpeas, tomatoes, peppers, avocado and cilantro.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the citrus zest, lime juice, EVOO, jalapeno, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture over the beans and veggies and toss to coat. Serve solo or with your favorite hummus on top.
Binge the Latest
Turmeric Benefits & The Best Turmeric Supplement
Ginger Benefits & The Best Ginger Supplement
Schizandra Berry Benefits & The Best Schizandra supplement
A Guide to Gut Health for Women