Kale is one of those vegetables that everyone knows is good for them to eat. I mean, everyone has seen the words “kale” and “superfood” paired together like a billion times. So, you may be thinking, “I get it already! I know kale is good for me! So, how the heck do I make it taste good?”
You’ve got to put some love into it. Literally. Massage it. That’s the key. Want to make kale palatable without having to cook it? You have to massage it and that technique is exactly why this salad (and this one too) are so good that you forget you’re eating leaves.
The secret for this delicious kale and mango salad is massaging the kale with olive oil. It wilts the leaves and adds an undeniable flavor that upgrades the whole salad.Don’t skip this step and make sure that you do it well. Follow my advice and you will be eating this salad like its your favorite dessert.
One thing to note – if you have a MONSTER bunch of kale, you can use half of it in this recipe. And be sure to choose organic produce whenever possible to eliminate unnecessary exposure to toxins from pesticides.Print
Kale Mango Salad
- 1 bunch of kale
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 cup of chopped mango
- 1/4 cup of toasted sunflower or pumpkin seeds (see instruction below)
- Remove the kale leaves from the stems and roughly chop it (or tear it). Put the kale in a big mixing bowl and add half the lemon juice, a drizzle of olive oil and some sea salt to taste.
- Show the love, girl! Massage the oil, lemon juice and sea salt into the kale leaves until the kale starts to wilt.
- Drizzle the top of the kale with the rest of the lemon juice and season with pepper. Toss in the mango and toasted seeds. Serve it up and enjoy!
Binge the Latest
Turmeric Benefits & The Best Turmeric Supplement
Ginger Benefits & The Best Ginger Supplement
Schizandra Berry Benefits & The Best Schizandra supplement
A Guide to Gut Health for Women