60: Summer Series of Self Care – How to Create an Immunity Regimen
Everyone wants to know that they’re doing everything they can to know that they are supporting a strong immune system. In a post-COVID world, we all want to have immune system support and immunity supplements to fight off anything that might come our way. In this episode, we’re going to talk about what we do to support healthy immune system function and give you a plan the next time you feel like you’re going to come down with something.
How to Create a Strong Immune System
- Eat a healthy diet: find a way of eating that works for you. Stay away from processed foods and hard to digest foods like gluten. Prioritize whole foods like fruits, vegetables, healthy fats, good protein, nuts and seeds
- Drink half your body weight in ounces of water per day: use our Hydration Superfood Energy powder to help!
- Support with healthy vitamins and nutrients: many of us our nutrient deficient in vitamins and nutrients, supplementing can help
- Add in herbal teas: focus on warming and immune boosting herbs like ginger, turmeric, cinnamon. Check out our essential oil articles on ginger, turmeric, and cinnamon for information on how to consume these oils.
- Have a triage plan for when you feel like you’re coming down with something:
- Look for a high dose vitamin C
- Extra vitamin D (make sure you are getting sunshine on your bare skin!)
- Ingest essential oils
- Homeopathic medicine for flu
- Epsom salt bath with oils
- Get adjusted at your local chiropractor
- Consider a greens powder supplement like our Immunity Greens
Featured in this episode…