Is it really possible to boost your immune system? We say yes.
Being intentional about immune support should be a year round thing—not just during cold and flu season. In this episode, we’re sharing 5 vitamins and superfoods to start eating for ironclad immune protection.
Boosting your immune system means improving or maximizing your body’s response to pathogens and environmental toxins.
5 Essential Vitamins & Superfoods
- Must be obtained from external sources
- Essential cofactor in multiple enzyme reactions
- Increases antiviral activity in the body
- 0-6 months 40AI
- 7-12 months 50 AI
- 1-3 years 15 mg
- 4-8 years 25 mg
- 9-13 years 45 mg
- 14-18 years 75 mg male, 65 mg female
- 19+ 125 mg male, 110 mg female
- Regulates immune response
- Supports maturation and function of key immune cells
- Plays important role in immune cell function
- Inhibits viral replication
- 0-6 MO 2 mg
- 7 mo – 3 years 3 mg
- 7-8 years 5 mg
- 9 to 13 years 8 mg
- 14-18years 11 mg male, 9 mg female, 12 mg pregnant women, 13 mg lactating women
- 19+ 11mg male, 8 mg female, 11 mg pregnant women, 12 mg lactating women
- Prevents viruses released from infected cells
- Effective both preventatively and after onset of illness
- Risk of elderberry
For all of these essential superfoods, vitamins, minerals, adaptogens, and more check out our Immunity Greens supplement powder. Not only is it the easiest way to get in all the good stuff—but also the most delicious.