Smoothies can be the perfect way to pack in superfoods and beauty boosting ingredients into your diet. But if made the wrong way, they can actually spike blood sugar, lead to energy crashes and cause carb cravings. In this episode we’re going to share the 7 components of the perfect smoothie, the best smoothies to make, and our favorite whole foods for beauty and anti-aging.
The best way to create a glowing, youthful complexion is to nourish the body from the inside-out with vitamins, minerals, and superfoods. Making a smoothie is the simplest way to add self-care to your daily routine.
7 Components of a Superfood Smoothie Recipe
- Liquid Base: conventional milk and juice is a no-no. Use unsweetened alternative milk or water
- Fruit Choices: opt for berries and low sugar fruits over fruits with high sugar content to reduce blood sugar spike
- Veggies: leafy greens like romaine, spinach, kale can go virtually undetected. Other veggies like sweet potato, cauliflower, celery, cucumber are also great options
- Fats: healthy fats like chia seeds, avocado, coconut butter, nut butter, are great for brain power and keeping you satisfied.
- Protein: Grass-fed whey or our Beauty Collagen Complex.
- Beauty Collagen Complex: bioavailable collagen and beauty-boosting ingredients for radiant skin, hair, nails, metabolism, and gut health.
- Sweetener: stevia, raw honey, dates, frozen banana, or mango
- Extras: powder supplements like our Organic Immunity Greens and Hydration Superfood Energy
Featured in this episode…