Feeding a family of six is no joke. In this episode I’m going to share my pantry basics shopping list that can make your meal planning ideas easy-peasy.
If you’re like us and have a family, the hours between 4 and 7 are probably really busy in your house. I have found that it can be really difficult trying to think through a dinner plan when it’s crunch time. That’s why I make sure to keep my pantry stocked with staple goods that allow for easy, family-friendly meals that can be whipped up at a moment’s notice.
Healthy Grocery Shopping: 10 Staple Pantry Items
- Broth: 3-4 boxes of chicken broth in pantry to bust out a quick soup with some leftover proteins and veg
- Stir Fry staples: coconut aminos, chili and curry pastes, fish sauce
- Rice/Quinoa/Noodles for power bowls
- Mango Chutney: adds lots of flavor to power bowls. One of my favorite combos is sweet potato, steamed spinach, roasted bell pepper, avocado, adn salmon
- Marinara/spaghetti sauce
- Coconut milk cans (BPA free)
- Taco shells
- Wraps: food for life and siete almond flour wraps are our favorites
- Protein: fresh and doesn’t have to be thawed (pack of chicken, ground turkey, ground beef)