If there is one holiday that is known for boozing, it’s St. Patrick’s Day. If you love to celebrate and get all dressed up in green, but are looking to keep it a little more chill this year and avoid the hangover, then you’ve come to the right place. We’re sharing 5 DIY non-alcoholic St. Patrick’s Day drink ideas and the top 3 mocktail brands so you won’t feel like you’re missing out.
5 Non-Alcoholic St. Patrick’s Day Drinks
Sparkling Cucumber Limeade
If St. Pat’s is going to be a sunny day for you, then this sparkling cucumber limeade just might be your drink of choice. Thanks to Rachael Ray, we’re serving up 4-6 servings of this yummy goodness.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1 medium English cucumber, halves and thinly slices
- 1 cups sparkling water, chilled
- Combine sugar, lime zest, and water in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly, until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in the mint leaves. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Strain the lime syrup through a fine mesh sieve. Combine the syrup with the lime and juice and cucumber. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. When ready to serve, add in the sparkling water. Serve over ice. Garnish with mint.
This green classic turned non-alcoholic is brought to you by The Merrythought. If you like sweet, with a lil tang then this is the St. Patrick’s Day mocktail for you.
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Sparkling water
- 2 tablespoons of mint simple syrup
- Make mint simple syrup by combining 1 cup water, 1 cup sugar, 4-6 sprigs of mint ina saucepan over medium heat. Bring to boil, or until sugar is completely dissolved, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let infuse for 10 minutes. Strain mint and transfer liquid to a jar and let it cool completely
- Create a sugar rim on your glass.
- After your mint simple syrup is cooled, combine syrup and lemon juice in a glass
- Fill glass ¾ full with ice and top with sparkling mineral water. Garnish with mint leaves
Honestly, after trying this shake you may just start making it for breakfast everyday. The beauty of this green beauty is that it’s actually healthy.
- 1 ½ cups almond milk
- 1 large handful spinach
- ¼ cup mint leaves or 2-3 drops spearmint/peppermint essential oil
- 1 scoop organic vanilla protein powder
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs for sprinkling on top
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend on high for 2 to 3 minutes
- Top with cacao nibs
There is nothing quite like a Moscow Mule—the limey-ness, the gingery-ness—it’s just so good and beyond refreshing. Get yourself a copper mug and you won’t feel FOMO at all.
- ½ cup non-alcoholic ginger beer
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons club soda
- Mix ingredients in a copper mug ¾ full of crushed ice
- Stir together
- Garnish with a lime wedge
Not into the crafty DIY stuff and just want a good non-alcoholic mocktail? Try these brands who are changing the drinking game.
The Top 3 Alcohol-Free Cocktail Brands
It’s time to get your mocktail on. With these three top-rated mocktail brands, you’ll have all the fun without the blur.
Do you think that not drinking alcohol means you’ll miss out on some mood boosting (before the hangover) effects? Think again. Kin Euphorics line of alcohol free cocktail mixes are crafted from adaptogens, botanics, and nootropics. Basically, they’re mood-defining drinks designed to elevate the spirit, and relax the body for a pleasure you won’t regret.
Seedlip is changing the way we drink with the highest quality non-alcoholic options. With spirit options to make a cold brew highball, espresso martiNO, paNOma, miNOsa and more, you might just turn into the mocktail mixologist of the century.
Ritual Zero Proof
Ritual Zero Proof calls themselves the almond milk of alcohol, and if you’re a plant-based milk drinker then you’re going to love Ritual Zero Proof. With alternatives for whiskey, tequila, and gin you won’t miss the in-depth taste of a real liquor.