Looking for one of the best keto snacks known to man? Try these keto jalapeno poppers. They are so simple to make, so if you’re looking for easy keto snacks that are sure to satisfy look no further than these keto jalapeno poppers.
In my opinion, ketogenic snacks need to be a few things:
1- Keto Friendly
Well, duh! But you’d actually be surprised how easy it can be to justify a little sugar here and there (especially if you’re trying to break an addiction). Don’t do it! Stick with the plan, even for keto snacks.
Obviously, you’re looking for results on the keto diet, so we don’t want to sabotage your efforts. Eating keto friendly snacks is one way to keep you feeling full and satisfied without undermining all the hard work you’re putting in by following the plan.
I’d be lying if I said that the keto diet wasn’t a little bit restrictive. It just is. Cutting out sugar and going low carb does limit your options. However, it doesn’t mean that you can’t still eat deliciously satisfying food that is also approved on the keto diet shopping list. I mean, who would have thought that jalapeno poppers could actually be…keto?
3- Full of Healthy Fat
Since we’re going low carb and high fat on the ketogenic diet, you want to make sure that your snacks have ample amounts of fat. That’s why we love these keto jalapeno poppers. If you can stand a little bit of heat these are one of the best keto snacks you’ll find. So what makes them keto?
Well, first they’re low in sugar. We all know that this is one of the hallmarks of the ketogenic diet. But they also have a good amount of fat. Since we’re using cream cheese (and bacon!) in these babies, you get a good dose of healthy fat with every bite.
And of course, for the fat to truly be healthy it needs to come from antibiotic and hormone free cows (ideally organically raised if possible). So, what I’m saying is that your keto jalapeno poppers aren’t going to be as “keto” as they can be unless you use healthy forms of fat. That means organic bacon and organic cream cheese for this one – at minimum you want your meats and dairy from hormone and antibiotic free animals. So go organic whenever you can.
We hope that you love these keto jalapeno poppers! They take very little time to prepare and they keep well, so you can pack them for keto lunches and snacks at the office.Print
- 5 jalapenos
- 4 oz. organic cream cheese (this is about half a cup)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 5 to 10 slices of bacon (uncooked and cut in half lengthwise)
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Wash your jalapenos first.
- Cut the stem off and then slice them in half lengthwise.
- Remove the seeds from the jalapenos. I highly recommend using gloves to get rid of the seeds. Even after washing my hands, I’ve inadvertently touched my eyes after chopping onions or jalapenos. The result…painful.
- Add the cream cheese to a small bowl. Add the salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin and minced garlic and work it into the cream cheese using the back of a fork.
- Fill each jalapeno with some of the cream cheese.
- Take your cut bacon strips and wrap one around each jalapeno until all 10 have been wrapped. Wrap with as much or as little bacon as you like.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the bacon has cooked through. Enjoy your keto jalapeno poppers!
You can easily double this recipe to serve as appetizers with friends! It’s a simple, crowd pleasing keto snack that people will love!