- 5 jalapenos
- 4 oz. organic cream cheese (this is about half a cup)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 5 to 10 slices of bacon (uncooked and cut in half lengthwise)
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Wash your jalapenos first.
- Cut the stem off and then slice them in half lengthwise.
- Remove the seeds from the jalapenos. I highly recommend using gloves to get rid of the seeds. Even after washing my hands, I’ve inadvertently touched my eyes after chopping onions or jalapenos. The result…painful.
- Add the cream cheese to a small bowl. Add the salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin and minced garlic and work it into the cream cheese using the back of a fork.
- Fill each jalapeno with some of the cream cheese.
- Take your cut bacon strips and wrap one around each jalapeno until all 10 have been wrapped. Wrap with as much or as little bacon as you like.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the bacon has cooked through. Enjoy your keto jalapeno poppers!
You can easily double this recipe to serve as appetizers with friends! It’s a simple, crowd pleasing keto snack that people will love!