If you’re on the keto diet and you eat breakfast in the morning (instead of intermittent fasting), this keto breakfast is one that’s simple, satisfying and full of healthy fat from eggs and avocado. Even if you’re intermittent fasting this can make a delicious midday snack that’s 100% keto approved.
If you’re on the keto diet, you already know that healthy fat is a mainstay of this evidence based nutrition plan. In general, meals high in healthy fat are powerful allies for fueling the brain. Stay focused on projects, increase clarity, reduce mental fatigue and boost energy by adding healthy fats into your diet on a daily basis.
In fact, two of the ingredients found in this keto breakfast (eggs and avocado) are on our brain superfood list which you can check out here
To increase fat content even more, add some cheese to the avocado before baking. The result? Absolutely delicious!
Keto Breakfast - Avocado Egg in the Hole
- ½ an avocado
- 2 strips of bacon I used uncured turkey bacon
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup shredded cheese optional
Fully cook the bacon in a pan, remove to a cutting board and chop into pieces.
- Remove the pit from the avocado if you haven’t already. Scoop out some of the avocado flesh to make a well in the center. Save this for later.
- Crack the egg right into the avocado well that you made.
- Sprinkle the egg with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle half the bacon on top of the egg.
- Top with the cheese if desired
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes (for runny eggs) or 20