43C: 9 Reasons to Start Using Essential Oils Today
Using essential oils regularly is one of my top tricks to feeling good and living well. But most people that use essential oils only experience a small fraction of their true life-changing power. Instead, they get stuck in this space of using them very sparingly or not at all. In today’s episode, I’m sharing how to start using essential oils today.
9 Ways to Use Essential Oils
- Energy: energizing oils are easy to use, convenient, and super effective. If you want to break your caffeine addiction, kick brain fog, or energize naturally—essential oils like wild orange, peppermint, lemon, and grapefruit are the way to go.
- Sleep: Whether it’s racing thoughts that keep you up at night or too much blue light, essential oils will help you get the z’s you need. Oils have natural sedative and relaxing properties that can help calm a chattery mind and relax the body. Using oils like lavender doTERRA serenity, vetiver, marjoram, and roman chamomile will send you to sleep fast for an energized morning.
- Beauty: essential oils have killer antioxidant, anti-aging, anti-inflammatory properties that can do wonders for your skin, hair, and confidence. A few of my favorites include lavender, frankincense, rose, neroli, and doTERRA yarrow pom.
- Emotions: oils can be used as a natural alternative to help balance emotions like sadness, overwhelm, resentment, and frustration. The best part is no unwanted side effects. Oils amazing for balancing and boosting mood include wild orange, bergamot, frankincense, lavender, doTERRA adaptiv, and doTERRA balance.
- Stress: destressing with oils is my go-to. Not only are they affordable, but they are easy to use, and they work. Popular oils for stress include frankincense, lavender, bergamot, vetiver, doTERRA balance, and ylang-ylang.
- Hormones: your hormones regulate everything from sleep and energy to sex and eating. Many conventional products we use day to day contain hormone-disrupting chemicals that throw our bodies out of whack. A few of the best are clary sage, basil, rose, peppermint, and doTERRA clary calm.
- Cleaning: Oils contain antimicrobial, antibacterial, and antiviral properties that eliminate dirt, grime, and pathogens. The best oils for cleaning are lemon, peppermint, tea tree, lavender, and doTERRA onguard.
- Detox: daily detox is necessary for every single one of us. We come into contact every day with dangerous toxins. For our organs to be able to do their jobs properly, they need some loving support. Oils like lemon, grapefruit, cilantro, ginger, tangerine, juniper berry, and doTERRA zendocrine are great options for daily detox support.
- Natural Remedies: renovating your medicine cabinet can be easy with essential oils. Oils are versatile, and most can be used to help with a plethora of ailments, including skin issues, colds, migraines, and tummy aches. Some of the best oils for natural remedies are oregano, eucalyptus, lavender, peppermint, ginger, and doTERRA onguard.
Featured in this episode…
If you want more help finding a reputable essential oil company, I have the perfect resource for you. You’ll want to go to our site at elevays.com and download The Essential Oil Buying Guide. This Free resource provides a summary analysis of more than 20 popular essential oil brands. We rate each company from A to F, so you know which ones are a *go* and which ones are an absolute NO – and believe me, there are some that you will NEVER want to use. If that sounds like a useful resource to you, head over to Elevays.com and download this free resource.