On a mission to find the best herbs for hormone balance? Look no further than maca. The benefits of maca root are far and wide, helping with hormone balance, stress, energy, mood, libido, and more. In this episode, we’re diving into maca root for hormones and women’s health.
5 Benefits of Maca Root
- Helps reduce menopausal symptoms: hot flashes, night sweats, nervousness, depression, anxiety, insomnia—the list of dreadful hormonal symptoms of menopause goes on. If this sounds like you, maca may be your new BFF. Maca helps to increase the body’s estrogen, progesterone, and luteinizing hormone production. It also helps suppress the production of unnecessary cortisol release and boost estradiol, which is administered to women in menopause!
- Improves Libido: research shows that consistent use of maca can significantly improve sexual function, libido, and desire.
- Supports healthy blood sugar levels: maca helps to keep healthy blood sugar and blood pressure levels, which in turn helps with healthy hormone firing and function.
- Nourish Adrenals: maca is incredible for adrenal nourishment. As an adaptogen, it helps to tone and nourish the HPA axis, aka your stress system. Since HPA axis dysregulation is at the root of adrenal fatigue, maca can really help start deep healing.
- Cravings: Maca is high in fibers like cellulose and lignins, which help improve gut health, and digestion and reduces hunger. Consistent use of maca can help nourish your body and hormonal systems to kick cravings to the curb.
Featured in this episode…
Binge the Latest
Turmeric Benefits & The Best Turmeric Supplement
Ginger Benefits & The Best Ginger Supplement
Schizandra Berry Benefits & The Best Schizandra supplement
A Guide to Gut Health for Women