Have you ever wondered about the gut hormone connection and how fiber plays a starring role? In this episode, we’re discussing fiber’s role in gut and hormone health.
The importance of fiber
Fiber is key for supporting the gut, promoting healthy hormone function, and offloading toxins and excess hormones. Most sources say that women need 25-30 g of fiber daily, and women with hormone issues could probably use more. Some hormone related conditions impacted by low fiber include:
- Estrogen dominance
- Breast cancer
- Weight management issues
- Mood swings
- Unexplained headaches
- Irregular cycles
- Bad PMS
Fiber and Hormones
- Fiber helps to stabilize blood sugar
- Fiber scrubs the gut and helps remove toxins and excess hormones from your system
Best Sources of Fiber:
- Chia seeds
- Raw raspberries
Dr. Jones Q&A
- Is it possible to eat too much fiber?
- How can I tell if I’m fiber deficient or not getting enough?
- What are your thoughts on fiber supplements?
Featured in this episode..
Follow us on instagram for more hormone education.
Binge the Latest
A Guide to Gut Health for Women
Organic Mango Green Superfood Smoothie
The Hormone Balancing Diet that Makes Sense
essential oils for hormone imbalance: hormonal acne, hot flashes +