Since Spring isn’t coming anytime soon, I’ll cozy up with these Ginger Spice Muffins instead. 🙂 They have some of my favorite spices and flavors without excessive amounts of sugar or gluten which can make me feel tired and sluggish and wreak havoc on my skin.
They are super easy to make and are the perfect accompaniment to a hot bowl of soup or stew or even as an after dinner treat. Because they are made with coconut flour, they are full of fiber which helps to decrease the impact of the sugar and you can indulge without feeling bloated.
And did I mention they are made with essential oils? You’ve never quite had a spiced muffin until you try this one. Hope you enjoy!Print
Ginger Spice Muffins
- Yield: 12 Muffins 1x
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. allspice
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 drops of Ginger Essential Oil
- 1 drop of Clove Essential Oil
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. You can line a muffin tin with paper liners or if you use a stoneware muffin tray like me, just lightly grease each cup with butter.
- Combine the coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, allspice and nutmeg in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the butter, sugar and maple syrup. Add in the essential oils and then the eggs, making sure that the eggs are thoroughly combined. Then add the applesauce and mix again.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix once more. Scoop the batter into the muffin tray filling each separate cup 75% full.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean. Enjoy!
Binge the Latest
Turmeric Benefits & The Best Turmeric Supplement
Ginger Benefits & The Best Ginger Supplement
Schizandra Berry Benefits & The Best Schizandra supplement
A Guide to Gut Health for Women