Festive Cranberry Chia Jam with Wild Orange Essential Oil
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you (in fact, you will receive a discount with code “DRTARA”), Dr. Tara will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Get festive in the kitchen this season with this delicious Cranberry Chia Jam with Wild Orange essential oil. We teamed up with mama, doctor, blogger, and recipe creator Dr. Tara to bless you with this incredible seasonal recipe.
Dr. Tara is the queen of healthy, drool-worthy recipes (check her out here & @drtarasunshine) so it was a no brainer that we wanted to create something that brought together both of our superpowers: hers being nourishing foods & ours being essential oils!
Internal use of essential oils can offer a wide variety of benefits like detoxification, immune, digestion, and thyroid health.
This recipe not only combines some of the best fall beautifying foods like cranberries and protein-powerhouses like chia seeds, but it also harnesses the uplifting and immune supporting properties of wild orange for a serious wellness boost.
Drizzle it on your warm morning oats, spread it on some gf toast, or eat it by the spoonful. Whatever your go-to medium, this jam will be a winner in your home.
Cranberry Chia Jam with Wild Orange Essential Oil
yield approximately 1 1/2 cups jam
- 2 cups frozen organic mixed berries, including cranberries (I used cranberries, raspberries, blueberries, and a few golden berries – this will help offset the tartness of the cranberries!)
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 drops Wild Orange essential oil
- ZenSweet or Lakanto Sugar-free monk fruit sweetener or sweeter of choice, adjusted to taste (optional)
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- Put berries and water in a pot over medium heat and cook until they start to break down and become syrupy, approximately 8 minutes.
- Using a wooden spoon or potato masher, mash the fruit to desired consistency.
- Remove from heat and add Wild Orange essential oil. Sweeten to taste.
- Add chia seeds and stir until well combined. Let stand for 10 minutes o until thickened.
- Enjoy now or transfer to a jar and cover and refrigerate. Jam will thicken further as it chills.
Can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks or in the freezer for up to 2 months.