81: Bone Broth for Immunity and Gut Health
Did you know that one of the best ways to support a healthy immune system is via the gut? With cold weather on the horizon, we’re looking for the yummiest ways to support gut health for ironclad immunity. Enter bone broth. In this episode, we’re diving into bone broth for immune system strength and bone broth for gut healing. Nourishing your body has never been so cozy and delicious. Tune in to discover the top 3 benefits of bone broth and the 4 mistakes to avoid when making bone bone.
Benefits of Bone Broth
- Bone Broth is Mineral Rich: nutrient dense broth contains a variety of minerals that can be easily absorbed by the body
- Supports Gut Heath: gut health and the immune system are intrinsically connected. Bone broth is loaded with gelatin to help seal tight junctions in the gut
- Anti-inflammatory: this nourishing broth is especially helpful for people dealing with chronic inflammation
Bone Broth Mistakes
- Using bad bones: organic, hormone free at minimum is best. Grass fed is ideal
- Not roasting your bone: roasting bones helps to bring out the flavor, especially if you roast with other vegetables like carrots, garlic, adn onions
- Using a toxic cooker: most conventional cookers are glazed and contaminated with led. Instant bot and VitaClay are the best options
- Storing in plastic: avoid phthalates, BPA, and other hormone disruptors by storing your broth in glass mason jars or silicone ice cube trays for easy, daily use
Signs of Good Broth: when broth is cooled, it forms a solid layer which is the gelatin. Gelatin is a powerful support for the gut—it helps the body use protein efficiently and helps smooth wrinkles and reduce inflammation in the body.
Featured in this episode…