You can whip up this delicious sautéed squash and onion dish in 15 minutes. If you love squash (the gourd, not the sport) as much as we do, then you’re going to love this easy but flavorful recipe. Squash and onions both have tons of health benefits and make for a fantastic side to your classic dinner (or lunch!). Include the powerful healing benefits of garlic and you have a killer combination.
Sautéed Squash & Onions
- 3 medium yellow squash ⠀
- 1 yellow onion ⠀
- 1 clove of garlic⠀
- 1 tbsp olive oil⠀
- 1 tbsp butter ⠀
- 1/2 tsp sea salt⠀
- 1/8 tsp pepper ⠀⠀
- In a large saucepan warm olive oil and butter on medium low⠀
- Dice onion and set aside ⠀
- Slice squash in 1/2 inch round pieces ⠀
- Mince garlic clove⠀
- Add all ingredients to pan and turn heat up to medium⠀
- Sauté until soft and a bit translucent ⠀
- Season and add more butter if desired. Enjoy!!