If you’re tired of eating eggs and egg variations for your keto breakfast, this recipe should be encouraging. If you grew up eating hot cereals like Farina or Cream of Wheat or you just want to add some variety to your keto breakfast routine, you’re going to love Keto Coconut Porridge! But the good news about this twist on Cream of Wheat is that it’s actually good for you. Is this the best news you got all day?
It’s perfect for those mornings when you’re craving something comforting. And since it’s full of fiber and healthy fats, you’ll be satisfied for hours.
For other keto breakfast ideas (that aren’t eggs) check out the best keto coffee recipe!
Keto Coconut Porridge
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk you may omit this and sub an additional tablespoon of ground flax seeds, if you prefer
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- ¾ cup of filtered water
- Kiva powdered stevia optional
- Pinch of salt
- Grassfed cream
- Grassfed butter
- Almonds or walnuts
- Grind whole flax seeds and psyllium husk together in a blender or coffee grinder until fine.
Add water, coconut flour, ground flax seeds, psyllium and salt to a saucepan over medium heat. As soon as it’s warm, it will start to thicken. Stir continually until heated through.
- Transfer to a bowl. Stir in cream and top with desired items.