You see it all over Instagram, your neighbor is tweeting about it and your second cousin is drinking it: celery juice is everywhere. Its rise to fame is comparable to Lil Hank Williams’ journey to stardom: one day he was serenading a small bunch in the local Walmart, and the next day he was being praised all over your social media feed. The only difference here is that celery juice is the miracle drink that will long surpass 15 minutes of fame (no offense Lil Hank).
As a doctor, when someone says there is something that has been healing chronic illness- I need to know about it. And I mean know about all of it. I’ve done extensive research on the benefits of celery juice and let me just say– I am on board. In this article, I’m going to give you the benefits breakdown, easy recipes, and tips from the pioneer himself Anthony Williams (The Medical Medium). This is a fun one, let’s begin.
How to Make Celery Juice
yields 1 16oz glass
- 1 large bunch of celery
- Rinse and run through a juicer, drink immediately
- OR chop celery, blend on high speed until smooth, strain and drink immediately
Organic Celery vs. Conventional Celery
A question I get a lot is whether it matters if the celery is organic or not. If possible, always purchase organic food. If you shop at your local farmers market, even better.
Organic is ideal but if you can’t find organic or it is too expensive then wash conventional celery with fragrance-free dish soap and rinse with warm water.
Can I Make Celery Juice in Bulk Ahead of Time?
Williams says that it’s best to drink fresh celery juice. If you want to save time in the morning, cut and clean the celery the night before. Fresh is best so try not to make it too far in advance (especially 24 hours or more). Freezing celery juice will cause medicinal properties to decrease thus decreasing benefits.
When is the Best Time to Drink Celery Juice?
To reap the powerful healing properties of celery juice, consume it in the morning on an empty stomach DAILY.
Wait 15-30 minutes after drinking your juice before eating or drinking anything else. Since celery juice is most potent by itself, do not add any fancy things that some wanna-be trend setters are suggesting like apple cider vinegar, charcoal, or collagen.
Eating Celery vs. Drinking Celery Juice
A lot of people ask me why chomping on a celery stick won’t work just as well as juicing it. For starters, you get the medicinal benefits to help heal chronic illness from removing the fiber (pulp). By just eating celery you lack the concentrated undiscovered cluster salts that result from fiber removal. These concentrated undiscovered cluster salts are said to do 3 main things:
- Rebuild Hydrochloric Acid: hydrochloric acid helps kill pathogens that enter your mouth and helps your gut break down protein. When protein fails to properly break down your gut begins to rot.
- Restore Central Nervous System: Removes toxins that have lived in your body far too long- like old prescription medicine in your liver
- Strengthen Bile: bile is what helps eliminate pathogens in the body and break down fats
Basically, these salts are the only kind of sodium that kills pathogens, detoxes the body, repairs electrolytes and neurotransmitters. Your bloodstream loves these cluster salts!
What are the Benefits of Celery Juice?
Now onto the good stuff. Here is what celery juice can do for the human body:
Fights Autoimmune Disease by destroying pathogens
Helps with Chronic Acid Reflux by improving hydrochloric acid production, killing bad bacteria, and strengthening liver
Heals Toxic Liver by flushing out a toxic liver and decreasing liver heat
Revives Adrenals through cluster salts’ ability to keep adrenals functioning at optimal performance
Reverse Illness with cluster salts antiseptic properties that work to break down pathogens’ cell membranes
Flushes Liver Toxins due to cluster salts ability to bind to neurotoxins and viral waste stuck in liver and draw them out
Eliminates Strep Bacteria which is the cause of many conditions like SIBO, UTI’s and acne
Helps with bloating by replenishing stomach acid, breaking down harmful fats and rotted proteins in the small intestine and stomach.
Heals Acne by eliminating the streptococcus virus in the lymphatic system and liver
Helps with Psoriasis and Eczema because sodium cluster salts destroy pathogens responsible for skin conditions
Stabilizes Blood Pressure by purifying liver thus allowing healthy blood to flow to heart
Lowers Cholesterol by breaking down fats and rotting proteins that cause a sluggish liver
Prevents Ulcers by destroying ulcer-causing bacteria
Helps With Weight Loss by detoxifying a sluggish liver
Aids in Digestion by increasing hydrochloric acid levels in stomach
Lowers Inflammation by killing harmful bacteria and viruses
Who Can Drink Celery Juice?
Anyone and everyone. Yes, pregnant, breastfeeding mothers and even young children can benefit from celery juice!
Celery Juice can do wonders for a breastfeeding mother and child. A child who is breastfeeding can receive tons of good stuff like vitamin C, neurotransmitter chemicals and minerals that allow for healthy organ development. Since celery juice will also work to purify and detoxify breast milk, the baby will be receiving the miracle of miracle foods.
What should I expect when beginning to drink celery juice?
A lot of people immediately feel results such as decreased brain fog and fatigue after their first juice. For others, it is different. When someone first drinks celery juice, it is common to experience heightened digestion and bowel movements. This is normal! A big change in bowel movements is a normal detox reaction that can occur in some people with higher toxicity levels than others. This is because the gut and liver are purging bad bacteria and toxins. Loose stool should not last long as your body will soon heal and your movements will become healthy and regular!
How long will it take to notice benefits?
The amount of time it takes to start recognizing the healing benefits of celery juice differs from person to person. That being said, celery juices’ medicinal properties will begin to destroy pathogens and help heal the body right away. Here are something that may affect time:
- Condition of person
- Stress level
- Liver toxicity (herbicides, pesticides, heavy metals, solvents)
- Diet (you can’t just drink celery juice and eat cupcakes and burgers the rest of the day)
Now that you have the down low on everything celery juice and answers to the most common questions asked, I want to hear from you! What do you think about the healing powers of celery juice? Are you excited to try it?! Get to the grocery store and stock up now—before it’s all gone!
Check out our Superfoods Supplements Collection for other easy ways to increase overall health and wellness.
- medicalmedium.com, Medical Medium at. “10 Health Benefits of Celery Juice.” Life Changing Foods – Book – Medical Medium, Anthony William, Hay House, www.medicalmedium.com/blog/10-health-benefits-of-celery-juice.
- medicalmedium.com, Medical Medium at. “12 Reasons To Drink Celery Juice.” Life Changing Foods – Book – Medical Medium, Anthony William, Hay House, www.medicalmedium.com/blog/12-reasons-to-drink-celery-juice.
- William, Anthony. Medical Medium Liver Rescue: Answers to Eczema, Psoriasis, Diabetes, Strep, Acne, Gout, Bloating, Gallstones, Adrenal Stress, Fatigue, Fatty Liver, Weight Issues, SIBO & Autoimmune Disease. Hay House Inc., 2018.
- medicalmedium.com, Medical Medium at. “Celery Juice 101.” Life Changing Foods – Book – Medical Medium, Anthony William, Hay House, www.medicalmedium.com/blog/celery-juice-101.