One of the things we love are simple meals- and Basil Chicken and Vegetables is as simple as it gets.
Two of the ingredients that we almost always have around the house are chicken and vegetables, so when we’re scrambling- this recipe is a go-to. But don’t be fooled. This Basil Chicken and Vegetable recipe may have ridiculously simple ingredients but it’s definitely not lacking in the flavor department.
If you dig fresh Italian flavor and crave light and simple dinners, then this is on the menu tonight! It’s super easy to make and a great way to use leftover chicken.
Put it this way, if you don’t feel like spiralizing another zucchini tonight- then don’t. Go old school and just slice it like your mama used to.
If you love zucchini (not spiralized) then check out our beach bowl recipe — it’s perfect for summer!Print
Basil Chicken & Vegetable
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 zucchini ⠀
- 1 vine tomato
- Roasted chicken ⠀
- Fresh basil ⠀
- Grass-fed butter⠀
- Sea Salt⠀
- Sauté the onion in a pan on medium heat with 2 tbsp butter until onions start to look halfway clear. ⠀
- Chop zucchini into half moons (thin slices), add to pan (add another tbs of butter with it) and cook until they start to look clear. ⠀
- Dice tomatoes and add to pan⠀
- Add shredded chicken (or whatever type of meat you have on hand) to pan ⠀
- Add sea salt to taste and toss ⠀
- Cook until all ingredients are hot (about two minutes)⠀
- Add ingredients to a bowl⠀
- Chop fresh basil and sprinkle on top. Enjoy! ⠀
Binge the Latest
Turmeric Benefits & The Best Turmeric Supplement
Ginger Benefits & The Best Ginger Supplement
Schizandra Berry Benefits & The Best Schizandra supplement
A Guide to Gut Health for Women