We absolutely love this avocado caprese salad. It’s full of traditional caprese flavor but with a fun new twist on the caprese you may be used to, with the use of only avocados and tomatoes! Although if you’re craving some mozzarella we’re not stopping you from adding it. In fact, we encourage you to get creative as this isn’t your traditional avocado caprese salad.
The sky is the limit with what you can do with this recipe. You can add any other toppings you want. If you want to add more herbs, consider topping it with a basil pesto. If you want to add a bit more zing to the dish, consider a balsamic dressing! Would you rather use the avocado caprese salad as a side dish or make it the main star of the show by adding roasted chicken on top? Your choice!
With or without the cheese, chicken, pesto or extra dressings, this plate comes together quickly and is a gorgeous dish to bring along for any Spring celebration or Summer BBQ.Print
- 2 Vine tomatoes (organic)
- 1 tbsp Fresh chopped basil
- 1 Avocado (sliced)
- Slice tomatoes lengthwise and place on plate.
- Slice Avocado in half and then cut lengthwise slices out of each half. Place inbetween tomatoes.
- Chop your bresh basil up and sprinkle on top. Enjoy!