I spent a lot of time wondering what the best workout for me and my adrenals was. HIIT, pilates, yoga, strength training? Through my healing journey, I had a real epiphany about adrenal fatigue and exercise, and in this episode, I’m sharing that with you.
At its core, exercise is a stress to the body. Now, not all stress is bad! It’s necessary to survive. But because adrenal fatigue warriors are already dealing with chronic stress and cortisol disruption, it’s essential to choose workouts carefully.
Benefits of exercise for adrenal fatigue:
- Can be a source of emotional stress relief: It can help the body cope and reach levels of balance or homeostasis.
- The right kind of exercise can help normalize hormones like cortisol, inulin, thyroid hormones, and more
- It decreases the risk for depression or depressive feelings, which can happen when you are in adrenal fatigue
Downsides of Exercise with adrenal fatigue:
- You feel more tired or exhausted the day after you work out
- Completing a workout routine has become a stressor in your day
- Your workout routine feels overwhelming or not enjoyable
Questions to ask yourself about working out:
- Do you have a routine?
- What is working, and what’s not?
- Are you dealing with burnout or adrenal fatigue
- Do you need to take a break?
- What kind of workouts would get you excited and motivated?
I hope you enjoyed this episode! Let me know in the comments below your answers to the questions above!
Featured in this episode
Shop our Superfood Supplements here.