I love to cook. But sometimes I just need the simplicity of a salad. Just chop a few ingredients, throw them in a bowl and toss everything to combine. Perfection- also known as, shrimp avocado salad.
Since I’m a food lover, the Spring and Summer are my favorite seasons for getting creative with food and recipes. This simple shrimp and avocado salad is not fussy at all, but the flavor is all the way there.
I used essential oils in the herb dressing to give it an extra punch. If you go this route, just make sure that what you’re using is therapeutic grade and 100% pure. Enjoy!
Looking for more summer salads? Try our summer salad recipe! It’s called that for a reason (;Print
Shrimp & Avocado Salad with Cilantro Citrus Dressing
- Yield: 2 - 4 People 1x
- 2 large handfuls fresh cilantro
- ½ cup lime juice (from 4 to 5 limes)
- ½ cup EVOO
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 drop of Wild Orange Essential Oil (optional)
- 1 drop of Lemon Essential Oil (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- ½ pound of shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- Garlic salt
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- Box of mixed greens for serving
- 2 roma tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 avocados (chopped)
- Preheat your oven’s broiler to high.
- Meanwhile, add the cilantro, lime juice, EVOO, honey, chili powder and essential oil to a food processor and blend until very smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Once the broiler is hot, place the shrimp in an oven safe dish. Make sure they are not crowded, but laid out in an even layer. Brush the shrimp with the melted butter and lightly season with garlic salt.
- Broil about 6 inches from the heat for 5 to 6 minutes until the shrimp is cooked throughout.
- Divide the mixed greens amongst individual bowls. Add the tomatoes, avocado and shrimp and drizzle with the Citrus Cilantro Dressing. Dig in!
Binge the Latest
Turmeric Benefits & The Best Turmeric Supplement
Ginger Benefits & The Best Ginger Supplement
Schizandra Berry Benefits & The Best Schizandra supplement
A Guide to Gut Health for Women