Cinnamon Muffins (Keto Approved!)
This cinnamon muffins recipe is from The Keto Diet, by Leanne Vogel. A lot of times, low carb grain-free muffin recipes can be crumbly and won’t rise much. Not these! They hold together well but still have a great texture and nice round top. Don’t skimp on the cinnamon – it gives the perfect flavor! Who says you can’t enjoy a muffin on Keto!? These muffins will store in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Need some other keto approved dessert ideas? Check out our complete guide to keto desserts!
- Butter or coconut oil for greasing
- 2 cups (256 g) freshly ground flaxseeds
- ¼ teaspoon liquid stevia
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 5 large eggs
- ½ cup (120 ml) water, at room temperature
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) melted (but not hot) coconut oil or refined avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and get your muffin pan ready. Either use paper liners or lightly grease the muffin tins with coconut oil or butter.
- Now, mix up your dry ingredients. Using a large mixing bowl, add the flaxseeds, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt and mix well.
- Next you’re going to blend your wet ingredients. For easy mixing, just add the eggs, water, oil, vanilla, and stevia to a blender like the Vitamix. Blend on a high setting for about 30 seconds. You want the mixture to be frothy.
- Now add the liquids from the blender to the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl. You’re going to gently mix together using a baking spatula until the ingredients are just barely combined. Let the mixture sit in the bowl undisturbed for about 3 minutes.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin tin. You want to add enough so that the batter is almost filled to the top, but not quite there. Next, you’re going to bake for about 13 to 15 minutes. To make sure they’re done, just insert a toothpick in the middle. When it comes out clean, that’s when you know the muffins are ready.
Once you get the muffins out of the oven, transfer them to a cooling rack right away. Let them sit for at least 10 minutes. Enjoy!