- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- Beat the egg whites with a KitchenAid or electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Continuing to beat, gradually add in the coconut palm sugar a tablespoon or so at a time (it will be 4 tablespoons total) until all of the sugar is mixed in.
- Spread the meringue across the entire pie and sprinkle with a bit of extra coconut palm sugar if desired.
- Put the pie back in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes. It will turn a golden brown color.
- Let it cool and then serve.
I didn’t post the Coconut Sugar Meringue in the photo because I made it after the fact in an experiment, but you can see a photo of it that I took with my iPhone here. It was so fluffy, gorgeous and delicious.