- 1 can of chilled coconut milk (best to chill it overnight or for at least several hours during the day)
- 1 to 2 tsp. Maple syrup
- Open the chilled can of coconut milk. If it’s chilled long enough (I recommend overnight), the coconut fat will have separated from the water. The fat will be on the top and is white and creamy.
- Scoop it out into a bowl.
- Add sweetener to taste. I use 1 to 2 tsp of maple syrup.
- Whip with a fork to fluff it up and place a dallop on top of each piece of pie. Serve it up!
This is an option if you want to have a “whipped cream” feel and is best added to an individual slice. This is a lower sugar option to the Coconut Sugar Meringue.