- 2 cups of sweet potatoes (roasted and peeled)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 honey
- ½ stick of melted butter (if you’re mixing in a high powered blender like a Vitamix there’s no need to melt it)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- If you don’t want to make the crust, just use a gluten-free crust of your choice. That’s what I almost always do.
- Roast your sweet potatoes at 350* F until soft and tender. Roasting is important to bring out the flavor.
- Make your pie crust according to package instructions or bake if you’re using a recipe. If you’re using a frozen crust, there’s usually no additional steps. You’ll just pour the filling right in.
- Add all of the pie filling ingredients to a Vitamix, high powered blender or food processor. Blend until completely smooth, using the tamper to scrape the sides of the blender jar as needed.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust (let the crust cool first if you baked yours) and place in the oven.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes at 350* F or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.