- 4 cups of shredded kale (use a food processor or sharp knife – tear the leaves from the stalks before processing)
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (toasted (see instruction in recipe notes below – it’s easy!)
- 1/2 cup cranberries (finely chopped or “crumbled” in the food processor)
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- Place the kale in a large mixing bowl and drizzle with the olive oil.
- With clean hands, massage the oil into the kale leaves. *Take your time doing this because it’s an important step!*
- Toss the kale with the rest of the ingredients and serve.
How to Toast Sunflower Seeds:
1. Heat a heavy bottomed pan over medium heat. You can either dry toast or use oil. If you’re using oil, try about a tablespoon of olive oil or sesame oil.
2. Heat the seeds until they are lightly browned and then stir to flip them.
The whole process should only take a few minutes (once the pan is hot). Just make sure that you watch carefully because the seeds can burn if left on too long.