Silicone Waffle Molds
- ½ cup of coconut butter
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1 apple cored and roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup almond butter
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tbsp. raw honey (melted)
- ¼ cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. maca powder
- 3 drops wild orange essential oil (for a twist!) (OR zest of 1 orange (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 420 F.
- Add the coconut butter, cocoa powder, protein powder, sea salt and baking soda to the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Add the apple, almond butter, coconut oil, eggs, vanilla, honey, coconut milk, maca powder and orange (zest or essential oil) to the food processor. Process again until the mixture is completely smooth and the apple is blended in.
- Grease the waffle molds. Using your fingers, lightly grease 2 waffle molds with coconut oil or butter.
- Scoop about 1 ½ heaping teaspoons of batter into one individual waffle mold and spread it out as evenly as possible. Refer to this post for more details. This does not have to be perfect.
- Once your waffle molds are all full of batter, transfer each one to a baking sheet. I place only one on each baking sheet and I bake up to 2 at a time on the same rack for even cooking.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. I use heat resistant gloves to flip the waffles out of the molds and onto a cooling rack.
To serve, we toast the waffles in our toaster oven for a nice crispy edge. Serve with waffle toppings like fresh fruit, maple syrup and coconut butter. Enjoy!