SPECIAL EQUIPMENT: Vita Clay Cooker
- About 2 pounds grass fed beef bones
- Handful of baby carrots
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Arrange the beef bones and vegetables on a parchment covered baking sheet and roast for about 30 minutes. This brings out the flavor which is wonderful when you’re making soups and stews.
- When cool enough to handle add all ingredients to the Vita Clay. Be sure to scrape all the fat from the bones that was released on the parchment paper.
- Add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. This helps to release the nutrients from the bones and cover the bones and veggies with filtered water.
- Wait for about 30 minutes to allow the apple cider vinegar to work. Then, set the Slow Cooker to for 4 to 5 hours.
- When the cooker has cooled off for a bit, and the broth is cool enough to handle strain out the bones and vegetables and store in large mason jars.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 240 minutes